DEPARTMENT OF Computer Science and Applications
DEPARTMENT OF Computer Science and Applications
The Department of Computer Science and Applications offers BSc. (Computer Science), BCA, MSc (Computer Science) & M.Sc. (IT). The department has well qualified, experienced and committed faculty to provide quality education to the students. The Department Infrastructure fulfils the requirements of academics, supports research and learning skills on the latest technology in the field of IT.
The students are moulded with multi-dimensional skill sets covering all the required attributes to become a graduate. Focus is emphasized on the practical learning and applying logic requirements.
Department of Computer Science and Applications strives to provide an intellectual environment that fosters the search for new knowledge in a highly dynamic computing world through its quality education, focused research and innovative approaches in practice.
The Department focus is on comprehensive, interdisciplinary teaching in computer science, so as to enable learning and applying new innovations as the field evolves. It ensures a good academic environment that nurtures excellence, leadership and ethical values for successful professionals to excel in all computer related fields.
- • Creation and dissemination of knowledge for students to master on the latest technologies.
- • Imparting the technical skills to meet industrial needs.
- • Remedial Coaching.
- • Students Training and Placement Guidance.
- • Conducting Awareness Programmes.
- • Social Service.
- • Training Final year students in all aspects of Interview by conducting classes on Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Analysis and basic interview questions from the subject.
- • Personality development and Communication skills.
- • Students are trained in the streams of Programming, Testing and Debugging.
- • Encouraging the students to actively participate in Paper Presentations that takes place in Intra and Inter College events.
- • To enrich the students with the values of team spirit, Debates and Group discussions are conducted.
Faculty Name List
|S.NO||NAME OF THE FACULTY||DESIGNATION||QUALIFICATION||EXPERIENCE|
|1||Dr.V.Shanthi||Principal||M.Sc, Ph.D.,||29 Years|
|2||Dr.T.Kumanan||HOD/Vice – Principal||MCA, Ph.D.,||20 Years|
|3||Mrs.Sridevi G||Assistant Professor||M.Sc.,MPhil.,||7 Years|
|4||Mrs.Charanya R||Assistant Professor||MCA.,||1 Years|
|5||Mrs.Ranjana R||Assistant Professor||MCA.MPhil.,||1 Years|
|1||Dr.N.NagaSaranya||HOD/Associate Professor||MCA., P.hD.,||8 Years|
|2||Mrs.P.Bhavani||Assistant Professor||MCA., M.Phil.,||22 Years|
|3||Mrs.D.Lita Pansy||Assistant Professor||MCA.MPhil.,||1 Years|
|4||Mr.D.Ranjith||Assistant Professor||MCA., M.Phil., (Ph.D).,SET.,||7 Years|
|5||Mrs.K.Priya||Assistant Professor||MCA.MPhil.,||6 Years|
There are bright career prospects available for computer background students in the current demanding IT world. With the opening of huge software and IT companies in India, the job opportunities for computer students have increased considerably. Graduates find job opportunities in a variety of environments like academia, research, industry, government, private, business organizations and so on.
List of career-oriented opportunities available in the field of Computer and IT:
Computer Systems Analyst
- • Analyze data processing problems to improve computer systems
- • Develop and test system design procedures
- • Enhance system compatibility so information can be shared easily
Software Application Developer
- • Design or customize computer Applications software
- • Modify existing software to optimize operational efficiency or correct errors
- • Evaluate software requirements and user needs to determine software feasibility
- • Test and administer computer databases
- • Coordinate changes and correct errors to computer databases
- • Apply security measures to safeguard information
Software Systems Developer
- • Design, develop and test various software for a variety of industries
- • Alter existing software to correct errors or improve performance
- • Analyze data to identify, recommend and plan new system installations or modifications
Software Quality Assurance (QA) tester
- • Develop test plans to identify software errors
- • Create and maintain a database to track software defects
- • Review software documentation to confirm accuracy and mitigate risk
- • Game developers, more specifically known as video game developers or video game designers, are software developers and engineers who create video games.
- • Game developers may be involved in various aspects of a game's creation from concept and story writing to the coding and programming.
- • game developer include audio, design, production and visual arts.
- • Web designers use their creative and software programming skills to design, build and improve websites.
- • Web designer understand user experience and are able to build websites that are easy to understand, navigate and use, and adhere to design standards and specifications.
- • Web designers are sometimes known as a front-end developer.
- • Write, design or edit web page content, or direct others producing content
- • Identify and correct problems uncovered by testing or user feedback
- • Back up website files for immediate recovery in case of problems